- Ruud Gullit has advised Chelsea to show more resolve in sensational Hazard if they want him to remain at the Bridge.
- Hazard’s future with Chelsea, at the Stamford Bridge seems very austere.
- The Belgian winger has shown great interest in a Real Madrid move.
Ruud Gullit has asked Chelsea to show that they are capable of keeping Eden Hazard on the pitch.
He stated that the Blues will have to demonstrate that they are capable of challenging at the highest stage or risk losing Eden Hazard.
Hazard’s future at Chelsea seems to be uncertain as he was constantly linked with a move away from Chelsea this summer after they missed out on the UCL last season.
The Chelsea playmaker has been linked with a move to Real Madrid and some comments he made recently suggest that he was ready to leave Chelsea for the Bernabeu this summer.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- I can’t wait, i just want to get started- Christian Pulisic
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
However, Hazard is set to remain at the club for the 2018/19 season under new manager Maurizio Sarri.
He currently has two years left on his current contract and they might be forced to sell him next summer rather than lose him for free in 2020 if he fails to commit to a new contract
Gullit said in a chat with BBC Sport:
“Players want to win trophies – you know your career is short.”
“Hazard came to Chelsea to win things, not just to play well and earn a lot of money, and he still wants to win trophies – major ones – now.”
“Chelsea have to create that opportunity for him – if they can’t, then you cannot blame him if he does want to leave. Can they do it this season? It is too early to tell.”
Also read our exclusive report on Chelsea’s on-loan striker Michy Batshuayi on loan to Valencia.
Michy Batshuayi, who is currently on loan to Spanish side Valencia, has expressed his desire to remain in Spain after his loan contract expires this January. Although he has not had a great spell with the Spanish giants, the coach is still willing to keep the striker.
Meanwhile, If sensational Hazard should decide to leave Stamford Bridge who do you think should be his best replacement?
Kindly comment in the box below.