- Abramovich withdraws his UK visa renewal due to delay.
- The Russian billionaire, however, has taken up Israeli citizenship.
- He would no longer need the visa to get into the UK.
Reports have emerged that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has withdrawn his British visa application due to delays in its renewal amid reports that he has acquired Israeli citizenship.
He reportedly took Israeli citizenship this week after being without a visa to Britain where he owns London-based Chelsea Football Club. However, with an Israeli passport, he will only be allowed to stay, but not work for up to half a year in the UK.
Abramovich reportedly withdrew his U.K. visa renewal application after it was held up for several weeks by British authorities due to the stricter vetting of the applicant’s sources of wealth, a development which the Financial Times newspaper quoted a person close to the Oligarch as saying on Thursday.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
- Chelsea Star, Eden Hazard Spotted With A Real Madrid Shirt
- Maurizio Sarri asks to be released from his Chelsea contract after agreeing Juventus move
- AC Milan chiefs arrived in London to hold talks with Maurizio Sarri
However, it was noted that the delay which Abramovich believes is linked to increased political hostilities between Russia and the West has not angered him, according to two sources close to the Oligarch in a chat with the Financial Times.
However, according to the Sun tabloid, he no longer needs a U.K. investor visa after securing Israeli citizenship. In the citation of an unnamed source.
SaveChelsea.net had earlier reported that Roman Abramovich, goes on trial in Switzerland for allegedly defrauding a publicly-funded European bank.
Chelsea owner and Russian billionaire, Roman Abramovich, is on trial in Switzerland for allegedly defrauding a publicly-funded European bank of millions of taxpayers’ money. Click the link to read more on this very interesting story.
Kindly post your comments in the box below.