- Abramovich withdraws his UK visa renewal due to delay.
- The Russian billionaire, however, has taken up Israeli citizenship.
- He would no longer need the visa to get into the UK.
Reports have emerged that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has withdrawn his British visa application due to delays in its renewal amid reports that he has acquired Israeli citizenship.
He reportedly took Israeli citizenship this week after being without a visa to Britain where he owns London-based Chelsea Football Club. However, with an Israeli passport, he will only be allowed to stay, but not work for up to half a year in the UK.
Abramovich reportedly withdrew his U.K. visa renewal application after it was held up for several weeks by British authorities due to the stricter vetting of the applicant’s sources of wealth, a development which the Financial Times newspaper quoted a person close to the Oligarch as saying on Thursday.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
However, it was noted that the delay which Abramovich believes is linked to increased political hostilities between Russia and the West has not angered him, according to two sources close to the Oligarch in a chat with the Financial Times.
However, according to the Sun tabloid, he no longer needs a U.K. investor visa after securing Israeli citizenship. In the citation of an unnamed source.
SaveChelsea.net had earlier reported that Roman Abramovich, goes on trial in Switzerland for allegedly defrauding a publicly-funded European bank.
Chelsea owner and Russian billionaire, Roman Abramovich, is on trial in Switzerland for allegedly defrauding a publicly-funded European bank of millions of taxpayers’ money. Click the link to read more on this very interesting story.
Kindly post your comments in the box below.