- Ivan Gazidis is set to appoint Maurizio Sarri as a replacement for Gennaro Gattuso.
- The AC Milan boss would be holding face-to-face talks with Sarri.
- Maurizio Sarri could be enticed about a sensational return to Italy.
Former Arsenal chief executive, Ivan Gazidis joined AC Milan in September after witnessing the recruitment process that produced Unai Emery as Arsene Wenger’s successor at the Emirates.
AC Milan are still in the race for the UEFA Champions League qualification after consecutive wins against Italian sides, Fiorentina and Bologna.
Gennaro Gattuso is widely expected to leave AC Milan in the summer even if he secures the fourth spot (Champions League qualification ticket) ahead of Atalanta with 2 games to play in the league.
Despite achieving a third-place finish in the English Premier League and a UEFA Europa League final at the corner, Maurizio Sarri’s future at Chelsea is in doubt after series of spats with high-profile players such as Gary Cahill, Alvaro Morata and Danny Drinkwater.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea star likens Reds defender to the best center half ahead of Super Cup clash
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- The profile of Chelsea FC – Some things a fan must know
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
Sarri’s services are in high demand in Italy as AC Milan are hoping to beat their local rivals, Roma to his signature if Roman Abramovich decides to terminate Maurizio Sarri’s time at Stamford Bridge.
AC Milan are ready to offer the Sarri with a salary worth €3 million-a-year after tax, while Chelsea, who have been struck with a two-window transfer ban, are understood to be considering a move for Watford’s Javi Gracia or club legend Frank Lampard, whose side recently reached the Championship play-off final after a dramatic win over Leeds United.
We have previously reported on how Atletico Madrid will make a move for Marcos Alonso in the summer.
The Spanish international is yet again linked with a move to Spain; as Wanda Metropolitano outfit, Atletico Madrid has identified him as a replacement for outgoing Lucas Hernandez and Felipe Luis.