- Italian giants, AC Milan interested in Chelsea’s midfielder, Cesc Fabregas.
- Sarri still interested in keeping the Spaniard at Stamford Bridge.
Milan sporting director Leonardo has revealed that his side have made contact with Chelsea over a possible move for Blues midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
Fabregas’ current deal with the club expires next summer but Sarri wants the club to offer the Spanish midfielder an extension.
The player recently revealed that he is yet to negotiate with any other club despite reports of interests from other clubs.
Leonardo speaking about his side’s interest stated:
“We evaluated it, considering the possibility, but didn’t go all in. We are still evaluating the conditions.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
- See Chelsea’s Best Line-Up If Marina Granovskaia Completes Thiago Silva Transfer
Meanwhile, any possible extension to Fabregas’ contract at Chelsea won’t go beyond a year due to the club’s transfer policy on players above 30. The player currently earns around £160,000-a-week.
Leonardo admitted that AC Milan still had FFP on their minds. He added:
“There could be an economic sanction, we’ll see what happens. We do have a very negative balance sheet. We’ll certainly do something on the market, but we’ll take it slowly.”
“Unfortunately, with the Financial Fair Play issue it has become a puzzle and a difficult one to work out. We need to wait and understand what we can actually do.”
“The owners want to invest, but there are parameters to be respected.”
Also read our exclusive story on Fabregas as he says that he has no reason to leave Chelsea.
Cesc Fabregas has dismissed the latest round of speculation suggesting that he may exit Chelsea this summer. The Spaniard was heavily linked with a departure from Chelsea last summer but eventually stayed put with the London. Click the link to get the full gist.
Do we still need to keep Fabregas at the Bridge?
Kindly comment in the box below.