- Chelsea management is not ready to let Courtois go until there is a replacement.
- Sarri confirms he is not certain about the Belgian’s future with the club.
Reports from Sky Sports suggest that Chelsea are not willing to negotiate with the Los Blancos until they find a suitable replacement for Courtois.
Courtois had recently revealed that all options are open. The goalie is valued at £32m. However, his agent Christophe Henrotay has asked the Blues to show some compassion.
“I have been reading everywhere that Chelsea is saying it is up to Thibaut, but he has made it clear to the club that the best option for him is to move to Madrid,”
“For him this is a big decision because he wants to be near his family, and there is an offer in place for Chelsea to accept.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Zinedine Zidane Set To Offload Ex-Chelsea Goalkeeper
- Real Madrid Loanee Wants Chelsea Stay Despite Zidane Return
- Morata reveals Hazard’s Madrid secret
- Chelsea fans fume as Courtois trolls Chelsea again
- Chelsea sign Kepa to replace Courtois
- Chelsea set sights on Jan Oblak
- Sarri won’t block Courtois’ move to Madrid
- Agent begs Chelsea to let Courtois join Madrid
- Sarri confident that Hazard and Courtois will stay
- Chelsea target Cech and Schmeichel to replace Courtois
Meanwhile, Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri admitted his uncertainty of Courtois’ future at Stamford Bridge.
“At the moment Courtois is the goalkeeper of Chelsea,”
Sarri said, ahead of the club’s Community Shield clash against Manchester City on Sunday.
“I don’t know in the future. It depends on the club, it depends especially on him, but I hope Courtois will be our goalkeeper.”
“We have seen suggestions that it is about money, and it is true he could get an increase with a move,”
“But he has turned down a better offer elsewhere because this is more than a financial decision.”
“Throughout this, it was important for everyone to be reasonable, and the buying club has come up with a reasonable offer for a player who has one year left on his contract when they know they could sign him without a fee in 12 months.”
“Chelsea could get a fair fee for him now and sign a replacement. Or they would still have to sign a replacement next summer, but without getting a fee for Thibaut.
“It is understandable people might be upset because he wants to leave the club, we accept that.”
“But this is a human decision based on someone wanting to be close to his children – and that is a reasonable thing too.”
Meanwhile, Courtois returns for pre-season training with Chelsea on Monday, as the close of the summer transfer window in England draws closer.
Also, catch up on more news on Courtois as the Belgian gives big hint on Chelsea exit.
Thibaut Courtois has hinted that he is preparing for life away from Chelsea. The Belgium international shot-stopper has been highly speculated to leave Chelsea this summer.