The agent of Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola has expressed his frustration at the club’s prolonged pursuit of Maurizio Sarri stating that he has had that ‘tomorrow will be the right day’ so many times.
Zola is expected to take a role with Sarri according to reports, to act either as his assistant or as an intermediary between the club and the squad.
However, Sarri still remains contracted to Napoli according to the agent as no compensation package has been agreed, as opposed to reports that were rife that Chelsea had agreed a compensation package with Napoli.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Zola says Chelsea got rid of Sarri too soon
- Zola to continue managerial career at Juventus
- Zola reveals secret to Chelsea’s success in his time
- Sarri praised for tactical masterclass in Europa final match
- BREAKING NEWS: Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri charged by FA (See Why)
- Eden Hazard trains with team-mates ahead of Europa League clash against Slavia Prague
- Zola confirms Chelsea interest in Wilson
- Does Sarri really need Kante for Sarriball
- Kepa keeps proving his worth under Sarri
- Iniesta would have loved to play with Kante
“We need to find an agreement between Sarri and Napoli,” Fulvio Marrucco pointed out on Radio Crc.
“It’s a negotiation which hasn’t taken off, I’ve heard ‘tomorrow will be the right day’ so many times, but too many tomorrows have passed.
“Zola has no agreements with Chelsea. At the moment we’re waiting for Sarri, for a resolution with [Antonio] Conte, for an agreement between Chelsea and Napoli and also an agreement between Sarri and the London club.
“If all that happens, Zola and Sarri can talk about an eventual collaboration. Zola hasn’t had any contact, nor have I ever gone to London.”