- Chelsea defender Ola Aina to fulfill world cup dream.
- Nigeria international hyped for Russia 2018.
Reports suggest that Chelsea defender Ola Aina may be close to fulfilling his dream of playing at the World Cup after he made the list for Nigeria’s traveling party to the United Kingdom.
Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr has dropped the axe on four players from the roster namely Junior Lokosa of Kano Pillars, Standard Liege midfielder Uche Agbo, Lok Plovdiv defender Stephen Eze and Plateau United goalie Dele Ajiboye.
Meanwhile, a fifth player Moses Simon will embark on the trip to London later today to have checks done to ascertain the extent of his thigh injury, as tests carried out in Nigeria indicated that he will be on the sidelines for at least three weeks.
Two more players will be hit with the ‘drop-axe’ after Saturday’s friendly against England at Wembley as the squad will be trimmed down to the final 23 who’ll represent Nigeria in Russia.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Ampadu to join Villa or Derby on loan in January
- David Luiz wants new Chelsea contract
- Hudson-Odoi set for January loan move
- Cahill to leave Chelsea in January
- Callum Hudson-Odoi set for loan move abroad
- Christensen not expecting Chelsea exit in January.
- Chelsea considering loan deal for Ethan Ampadu
- David Luiz says Blues’ll fight till the end
- Chelsea considering new contract for Rudiger
- Christensen might be forced to leave Chelsea
Ola Aina is facing competition from the likes of Elderson Echiejile and Brian Idowu for the two spots in the left-back position, whilst being versatile enough to compete with Abdullahi Shehu and Tyronne Ebeuhi for the right-back places.
Ola Aina, the former England U19 skipper earned his fourth cap for Nigeria in the 1 all draw against DR Congo on Monday, May 28. It will be a very welcome development for the Blues should the youngster make it to Russia 2018 with the Nigeria national team.
recently, savechelsea.net reported that Ola Aina joins torino on loan
The clubs in England can no longer sign players but they can see their players leave. This is also the case with Chelsea as youngster Ola Aina has joined Serie A club Torino on loan for the season.
The young Nigerian defender makes the loan move after previously spending last season on loan to Championship side Hull City.