- Nathan Ake speaks up as Bournemouth faces Chelsea at the Vitality stadium.
- What made my decision to leave Chelsea after successful loan spell.
Former Chelsea youth sensation Nathan Ake has spoken ahead of Chelsea’s game against Bournemouth at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
The Dutch defender moved from Chelsea to Bournemouth in a £20 million deal last June after a successful loan spell at the Vitality Stadium.
Nathan Ake has established himself as a key player for Bournemouth since then and has featured in every league fixture for the Cherries.
He has also gone on to win the prestigious Daily Echo/Micky Cave supporters’ player of the year trophy.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
It can be recalled that Bournemouth emerged victoriously with a 3 nil win the last time they visited Stamford Bridge, and Nathan Ake also found the net in that game.
Speaking ahead of the game on Saturday, Ake said:
“Sometimes, maybe it is easy to stay at Chelsea, be around the team and not play. You can still say ‘I play for Chelsea’.
“But at some point, you have to go for yourself. You have to change your career and change your dreams.
“I knew this club, knew the manager, the players and knew what we could do. It was massive for my development. I was so happy with the step I made and I’m still happy now.”
Ake played 10 PL games for Bournemouth on loan in the 2016/17 season before he was recalled to Chelsea in January.
On his return, he played just twice for the Blues in the Premier League with 3 FA Cup appearances, although he played no part in the final against Arsenal
He spoke further:
“To go back and not play was a bit disappointing,” he added.
“I would have wanted to play a little more. I didn’t but, overall, I still learned a lot from going back to play under Antonio Conte and being around the Premier League-winning team.
“I got a medal in the end. Not at the same time as the other players because I didn’t play the five games but they sent me one.
“It’s not the same as if you played every game, so I didn’t celebrate as loud as the others who had struggled the whole season to get the wins. I came for half a season and DIDN’T play a lot.
“I couldn’t be on the front row, I just stayed behind a bit. It was a bit different but I was still happy.
“It’s nice to go back. To see all the staff and players at the Bridge will be good but once the whistle goes, I am a Bournemouth player.
“This season is a new season and, maybe with more expectations now, it’s a bit more pressure. So far it’s been okay and we just have to keep going.”
Also read our stories about Chelsea’s aspiration to sign Callum Wilson from Bournemouth reported by Savechelsea.net.
with the hope of winning the premier league Chelsea will need to reinforce their attacking options as the duo Morata and Giroud have failed to impress.
However going into the January transfer market Chelsea has shown interest in Callum Wilson, who has bagged a total of 7 goals and 5 assists so far this season.