- Alonso gives verdict on Sarri Chelsea’s struggle.
- Sarri use to be a banker and a derelict player.
Alonso implies that Sarri not playing football at the highest level is the reason behind his struggle.
Mauricio Sarri, use to be a banker who never groomed a football playing career as a player and this has suggested by Marcus Alonso is why his boss struggle with his tactics in games.
The 28-year-old confess that it has been a struggle for the team this season and things could as well end better for them if they get the trophy at Baku.
“It’s never easy in the first year, to come to a new country and new league, new football, new culture. It is many different things. The gaffer is still learning, he was not a football player either so he is learning a lot this year.
“It’s not easy, of course not. We are 11 players in there. We have to all try to go in the same direction. Managers are different, they have different aspects of tactics.
“He wanted to change the team not just me. He wanted to change the way. The way we start playing.
“It is different but at the end of the day and we have to be professional and take on whatever he asks us for. He is different.
“I started the season very well, the team also started very well playing. Then the manager asked me for something different.
“I tried to do what he was asking me to do and maybe when the team started winning games again I had a small injury in my back.
“I had to stop for a couple of games but after that I was back playing good and getting back in the team when they needed me and now a big opportunity to end the season well and go on holiday.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Olivier Giroud defends Laurent Koscielny – but admits ‘not knowing’ details of Arsenal row
- Pep Guardiola’s opinion on Hazard’s move to Real Madrid
- Key 2019/2020 fixtures for Chelsea
- Transfer ban is inevitable for Chelsea this summer
- Sarri still tempted by Juventus move despite Europa success
- Records for all goalscorer in thrilling UEL final
- It would surprise Jorginho if ice cool manager leaves.
- Alonso gives verdict on why Sarri has had it tough at chelsea
- Olivier Giroud craves winning a silver ware at Chelsea
- Everton keen on permanent deal for Kurt Zouma, But Deal Rests On Chelsea’s Transfer ban
Chelsea takes on Arsenal this week on Wednesday in the Europa league final to be played in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The match would determines a lot for both teams but mostly for Arsenal and Mauricio Sarri, Chelsea already secured a champions league spot and would be looking to win the Europa title for the second time.
Arsenal on the other hand have everything to lose owing to the fact that they finished 5th in the league and would only get a champions league spot if they win in Baku.
Sarri might keep his Job if he wins the Europa title, he is already been linked to various job in Italy with Juventus being the most interested in bringing the Italian back to Italy.
Would Chelsea outclass Arsenal in the Europa league and win the trophy ?
Do you think Sarri keeps his Job if he wins the Title at Baku ?
Give your answers and predict your scoreline in the comment box below.