- Marcos Alonso in deep talks to extend his contract at Stamford Bridge?
- Alonso’s game has greatly improved under Chelsea’s new Boss, Maurizio Sarri.
Chelsea left-back Marcos Alonso has revealed that he’s currently in talks with the club over the extension of his contract.
He added that a new deal that commits him to the club could be signed as soon as this week.
Alonso has been impressive under Sarri and he has gone on to compare the Chelsea system to Enrique’s system in Spain.
In a chat with AS, the Spaniard spoke about his future. He said:
‘What I can say is that I am very calm and very happy at Chelsea, and that the club must also be with me because, although I still have two years left on the contract, they have offered me an extension.
‘We are talking about it and the talks to renew are already advanced. If everything goes well, I think I will renew before the end of this month. In the coming days.’
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Emerson “Only Thinks Of Chelsea” – Agent
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
When asked about the duration of the deal, he revealed that his father was in charge of that aspect.
“I am 27 years old, I still have two more [years] ahead and I am going to extend my contract,”
“What concerns me is to play as well as possible to win matches and titles with Chelsea and repeat with the National Team. I’m calm.”
Speaking about Sarri and Enrique’s system, he added:
“But I also like to play with the current Sarri system, which is also very similar to the way Luis Enrique plays. In modern football the position, the placement of the team and the occupation of the spaces is important.”
“Luis Enrique insists on this, as [does] my coach at Chelsea. For my part I am comfortable and adapted to this football. My natural site is left-back in a defense of four, but you have to be ready to help the team in what the coach claims.”
We also reported that Marcos Alonso has extended his contract with Chelsea FC.
Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso has signed a new contract that will keep him at the club till 2023. It’s official, as the deal has been announced on the club’s official website. Click the link to get the full story and also the conditions of his contract.
Do you think it was a good move to extend Alonso’s contract?
What’s your take on this,
Kindly comment in the box below.