Marcos Alonso has revealed that Eden Hazard is settled at Chelsea and showed no signs of wanting to join Real Madrid this summer.
Alonso who was also linked with a move from Stamford Bridge believes that Hazard is currently very happy at Stamford Bridge.
The Belgium playmaker reportedly spent all summer telling Blues fans that his time in the capital was up.
In a chat with Belgian newspaper HLN, he said: “After six wonderful years at Chelsea it might be time to discover something different. Certainly after this World Cup.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
“I can decide if I want to stay or go, but Chelsea will make the final decision – if they want to let me go. You know my preferred destination.”
However, Alonso says that the 27-year-old is happy although Real Madrid never made any serious advances for Hazard.
“I did not see Hazard in Madrid (this summer),” Alonso told AS.
“He’s very happy at Chelsea. I do not know if there was interest or not but Hazard and his family are very well there (at Chelsea).”
Meanwhile, Hazard appears to have had a new lease of life under Sarri as he complimented the new playing style this week.
“I like to have the ball. Not in my own half, but in the last 30 metres,” Hazard told Chelsea TV.
“I like this type of game. It’s completely different than Antonio Conte or (Jose) Mourinho before.”
Alonso also stated that his time at Chelsea is far from over despite rumors from AS claiming that Real Madrid were after the defender.
“In England I feel very well known, not only by Chelsea’s fans, but also by other teams,” he added.
“The day I leave football I will return to Spain but now I have three years left at Chelsea and I am very happy there.”