Marcos Alonso has revealed that Eden Hazard is settled at Chelsea and showed no signs of wanting to join Real Madrid this summer.
Alonso who was also linked with a move from Stamford Bridge believes that Hazard is currently very happy at Stamford Bridge.
The Belgium playmaker reportedly spent all summer telling Blues fans that his time in the capital was up.
In a chat with Belgian newspaper HLN, he said: “After six wonderful years at Chelsea it might be time to discover something different. Certainly after this World Cup.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Emerson “Only Thinks Of Chelsea” – Agent
- Chelsea Take Final Decision On Selling Ross Barkley
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
“I can decide if I want to stay or go, but Chelsea will make the final decision – if they want to let me go. You know my preferred destination.”
However, Alonso says that the 27-year-old is happy although Real Madrid never made any serious advances for Hazard.
“I did not see Hazard in Madrid (this summer),” Alonso told AS.
“He’s very happy at Chelsea. I do not know if there was interest or not but Hazard and his family are very well there (at Chelsea).”
Meanwhile, Hazard appears to have had a new lease of life under Sarri as he complimented the new playing style this week.
“I like to have the ball. Not in my own half, but in the last 30 metres,” Hazard told Chelsea TV.
“I like this type of game. It’s completely different than Antonio Conte or (Jose) Mourinho before.”
Alonso also stated that his time at Chelsea is far from over despite rumors from AS claiming that Real Madrid were after the defender.
“In England I feel very well known, not only by Chelsea’s fans, but also by other teams,” he added.
“The day I leave football I will return to Spain but now I have three years left at Chelsea and I am very happy there.”