- Ampadu’s move is somewhat a disappointment but its to benefit him.
- I was really looking forward to working with Ampadu.
Chelsea youngster Ethan Ampadu has moved to German side RB Leipzig on a season-long loan deal.
Ampadu renewed his contract back in September 2018, penning a five-year contract extension at the Bridge earning him more game time including featuring in the Blues Europa League Cup glory.
However, his Move to german side will not deter his chance of playing among the elite clubs in Europe and he will also help RB Leipzig challenge for the Bundesliga Title following his loan.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard reveals the one deal that could be done this week
Frank Lampard, Chelsea‘s new boss, an admirer of the Teenager told the club’s official website what he feels about Ampadu’s move, He said:
“I REALLY WANTED TO WORK WITH ETHAN THIS YEAR. THAT’S A SLIGHT DISAPPOINTMENT, BUT IT’S TO BENEFIT OF HIM. IN MIDFIELD AND DEFENCE, WE HAVE A LOT OF QUALITY, SO EACH PLAYER IS A CASE BY CASE.”
Ampadu will be gracing the No. 26 jersey at the Red Bull Arena and he might make his debut for the German side on Friday when RB Leipzig take on Rennes in their pre-season friendly.
The 18-year-old showed his delight when unveiled in Germany, he said:
“I AM VERY HAPPY TO BE AT RB LEIPZIG AND START THE SEASON WITH THE TEAM, I WANT TO GET TO KNOW THE TEAM AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE AND INTEGRATE MYSELF.
Savechelsea.net earlier reported I just want to get started- Christian Pulisic.
The only new Chelsea player for the 18/19 season, Christian Pulisic can not wait to get his first appearance for the Blues. The winger has teamed up with the squad for their Asia preseason tour in Japan