- Versatile Chelsea and Wales midfielder, Ampadu could make a loan move to the English Championship.
- Ampadu is a subject of interest from Derby County and Aston Villa after his performances for Wales in the UEFA Nations League and international friendlies.
- The Chelsea midfielder would not relinquish the chance of getting playing time under Frank Lampard
Chelsea youngster Ethan Ampadu is set for a loan move to either Derby County or Aston Villa in the Championship in January to enable him to continue his football development.
The 18-year-old Wales international has made just 2 appearances for the Blues this season under Maurizio Sarri but has represented the Welsh Senior team 4 times in that period.
The player attracted major interests from many clubs in the summer but remained in London.
However, he’s not gotten his desired chances and Sarri is eager for him to get more playing time and experience elsewhere as chances are limited at Stamford Bridge.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
Derby County manager, Frank Lampard has expressed interest in the Chelsea youngster over the summer but was told that Ampadu would remain at Stamford Bridge.
“I looked at him (Ampadu). I spoke to the (Chelsea) manager and he told me he wants him in their squad, so it was a very short conversation.”
“I was very impressed with Sarri. I think he is a great manager, great character. He was very nice to me about it.”
“Quite rightly, he probably wants Ampadu as part of his squad. He is a fantastic talent.”
“It was a question (we asked), and we have fully moved on.” Lampard said.
Derby County has been hit by major injuries in the defensive areas since then and needs quality cover in the areas affected.
Therefore, Ampadu is likely to be at the center of a tug of war between Derby County and Aston Villa in January as both sides are seeking promotion to the Premier League.
Meanwhile, SaveChelsea.net reported that another Chelsea youngster, Tammy Abraham could swap Aston Villa for Crystal Palace. Crystal Palace boss, Roy Hodgson could make a move for the England international after his impressive form with Aston Villa. A move for Tammy Abraham would lessen the workload on Crystal Palace forward, Wilfred Zaha.