Malang Sarr has been welcomed at Chelsea by the present and the past stars.
SaveChelsea reports that after a quiet January transfer window in which Frank Lampard was desperate to sign attacking reinforcements, the Blues have wasted no time in bolstering their squad ahead of the new season.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard Reveals How Petr Cech Is Helping Solve Chelsea’s Goalkeeping Woes
- West Brom Vs Chelsea: Lampard Speaks On Starting Mendy Ahead Of Kepa In EPL Clash
- What Frank Lampard Told Havertz About Football Royalty
- Chelsea Vs Barnsley: Lampard Gives Injury Notice On Ziyech, Pulisic, Chilwell
- Why Frank Lampard Got It Wrong For Chelsea’s Defeat To Liverpool – Gary Neville
- Antonio Breaks Silence After Being Dropped In Liverpool Clash
As many as four new players have been unveiled already – two this week – and the club are closing in on deals for Thiago Silva and Bayer Leverkusen wonderkid Kai Havertz
Shortly after the January window closed, the Blues managed to lift the mood by confirming the signing of Ajax playmaker Hakim Ziyech for a fee believed to be in the region of £33.4m.
Next to arrive was Timo Werner after the club activated his £47.5m release clause at RB Leipzig to win the race for his signature ahead of Premier League rivals Liverpool and Manchester United.
And the first of two transfer announcements this week came on Wednesday evening with left-back Ben Chilwell completing his £50m move from Leicester City.
Less than 24 hours later, Sarr became the latest name to join the Lampard revolution at Stamford Bridge.
Available on a free transfer after his contract with Ligue 1 outfit Nice expired at the end of last season, the Blues may have got themselves a bargain by not having to spend a single penny.
With the deal over the line, Chelsea captain Azpilicueta and former left-back Ashley Cole have taken to social media to deliver their verdict on the transfer.
Both are now following Sarr on Instagram, seemingly given their approval to the deal.
However, Sarr will have to wait at least a year to make his Chelsea debut as he will be spending the upcoming season away from west London.
The announcement said: “He will spend the 2020/21 season out on loan.
“This will provide the chance to gain valuable game time and add to his experience so he will be ready to join our squad.”