- Ampadu has made 8 appearances for Wales at age 18.
- Aston Villa keen to sign Ampadu on loan.
Chelsea signed 16-year-old Ampadu from Exeter City in the summer transfer window of 2017, he made his first-team appearance under former Blue boss Antonio Conte.
During his first season at Chelsea, the teenager came close to setting a new club record as he totaled 407 minutes in all competitions and also made a debut for the Wales National team in the process.
The curtains came down on the 18-year-old campaign due to an ankle injury in April, but his first season in a Chelsea shirt was a sure sign of wonderful things to come.
Italian Maurizio Sarri came in to replace Antonio Conte’s as Chelsea’s boss in the summer, the former favored midfielders who have proven themselves in the game.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Aston Villa race to sign Ampadu
- Lampard warned amidst Blues job
- Craig Burley believes Lampard isn’t Chelsea’s solution.
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- Sarri Includes Chelsea youngsters Richard Nartey and Ruben Sammut With First Team Squad
- Ampadu to join Villa or Derby on loan in January
- Sarri waiting for news on the extent of Morata’s injury
The new manager immediately signed Jorginho and Kovacic to increase the depth of Chelsea squad, other notable midfielder presents include Fabregas, Barkley, Kante and Reuben Loftus-Cheek which meant serious competition for the teenager.
In the Welshman second season, he made just 5 appearances without any coming in the Premier League. Through the season he’s battled with fitness issues, that hasn’t stopped newly promoted Aston Villa from inquiring a loan move for the Youngster.
Ampadu returned to competitive football action last week with Wales in the Euro 2020 qualifiers, which was his 8th cap at just 18 years.
Given Tammy Abraham, last season performance on loan from Chelsea and the presence of John Terry as an assistant coach, a loan move to Villa park might pose an attractive opportunity for Ampadu.
Though Chelsea is facing a two-window transfer ban and the uncertain future of Kovacic could give more opportunities if the teenager remains at Stamford Bridge also a lot will depend on the new coach who replaces Maurizio Sarri.
Juventus has agreed to pay Chelsea £5million compensation fee to sign Maurizio Sarri in their Thursday meeting which means Frank Lampard might takeover as Blues Head coach…read more