Reports from Sky Sports Italia suggest that La Liga outfit Atletico Madrid are interested in Chelsea striker and France international Olivier Giroud. The Madrid outfit was close to sealing a deal for AC Milan striker Nikola Kalinic, but the Serie A club are taking too long and the Spanish outfit have begun looking at other alternatives.
Giroud joined Chelsea in January but the Blues are willing to let him leave the club according to reports. Representatives from both clubs have reportedly met in London to hold discussions on a potential deal that might see the French man move to the Wanda Metropolitano, although they are insisting on a loan move. However, the Blues would prefer that Giroud leaves Stamford Bridge on a permanent deal.
Regardless of Giroud’s inclusion in Atletico’s wishlist, it is believed that the transfer of Kalinic still remains a priority for Diego Simeone’s side, although it is not yet known if the club would be interested in signing both players.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea World cup winners recieve Legion of Honours medal.
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- We Are Not Scared Of Virgil Van Dijk – Giroud Roars
- Chelsea opinion: Should Chelsea keep Olivier Giroud?
- Sousa driving Bordeaux move for Chelsea striker Giroud
- Bad news for strikers as false 9 favors Chelsea
- Sarri waiting for news on the extent of Morata’s injury
- Sarri describes Morata as a quality player
- Marseille target January loan move for Giroud
Meanwhile, Giroud has scored 5 goals in 18 appearances for Chelsea since his arrival from Arsenal in January.