Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi has caught the eye with his performances for the club in pre-season.
The youngster has shown that he has what it takes to step into the boots of Eden Hazard or Willian in the future if he’s managed properly.
The player has been consistent with his performances thus far and could be in line for a start in the community shield game against Manchester City.
Cesar Azpilicueta has spoken out on the potentials of the player and believes he can go on to achieve more at Stamford Bridge. He said:
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Chelsea will annouce Ruben Loftus-cheek contract exetension
- Chelsea youngster agrees five year deal with Bayern
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
“Callum is really young. He has shown great quality, he has played well all pre-season. Now it’s up to him to keep that level. The way he is working shows that he will be very important for the team. It is in his hands. We will try to help him.
“I made my debut at 17. He played with us a few times last season. He’s improving. That’s important – he has room to improve. He can go really far. If he keeps his head he will be very good. Every time he went one v one against Hector Bellerin, he was creating problems. He showed great defensive work too.”
He also spaoke on how the Blues will adapt to the new system of four at the back, after getting used to three at the back under Antonio Conte.
“It’s a different way of working,” he confirmed. “To learn and do what he wants. You saw against Arsenal what he wants and now we face Manchester City on Sunday in the Community Shield. We know they are a very good team, but we will play our game.
“We will try and get the ball and play our football. Against Arsenal you could see good combinations, playing from the back, pressing high, so that’s the way we want to play against City.”