- Azpilicueta hopes Chelsea can top the table by December.
- Chelsea hosts Manchester City at Stamford bridge.
That’s that day when Maurizio Sarri’s men host current leaders Manchester City at Stamford Bridge.
Speaking about Chelsea’s chances of topping the table, Azpilicueta said:
“It’s in our hands. Obviously if we don’t drop points, we have the chance to do it.
“We know that to get to that chance, you have to get the three points like we did against Palace.
“We cannot drop points, we need to work hard, keep improving. Let’s see on that day, if we have the chance to do it.”
Meanwhile, Chelsea will face Bate Borisov in the Europa League on Thursday before welcoming Everton to Stamford Bridge in the Premier League on Sunday.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea Reject The Chance To Sign Nathan Ake
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
He added that the although they won’t play well all the time, they still need to gain maximum points.
“We are happy with our results,” he said.
“We know that still we can do better. The league is very tough – you have to fight for every game. We want to be at the top of the table, so we have to go game by game. We know that it’s going to be difficult, but we know how to win the Premier League, and we will try.”
Chelsea are on a good run of form as reported by savechelsea.net with Sarri making history as the fourth manager to win his first 5 matches.
Maurizio Sarri made history on Match Day 5 of the 2018/19 Premier League as he became the fourth manager in the Premier League era to garner maximum points in his first five games in charge.