- Chelsea still a hot bed for top players, claims Azpilicueta.
- Meanwhile, Chelsea still closing in on big deals this transfer window.
Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta has insisted that the Blues won’t face any challenges with regards to attracting top players this summer despite missing out on next season’s UEFA Champions League.
Chelsea ended up fifth on the Premier League log and will compete in the Europa next season. They ended up winning the FA Cup trophy, and this was the club’s 15th major competition success in as many years.
However, Azpilicueta believes that regardless of Chelsea’s absence from the UCL next season, they’ll still attract top players and land their major targets because of the club’s recent rich history.
“Of course big players will still want to come to Chelsea because we win lots of silverware,”
Azpilicueta told Evening Standard.
“I have no doubt that the club will get a squad that can compete to win for trophies. I am sure that will happen.”
“If the club decides that we need to get players in, I’m sure we will get the quality we want.”
“It was important to win this season with a trophy. It shows we are still winners. When the results are not there, people look for something else.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
Meanwhile, Chelsea appear to be continuing with their transfer business despite the uncertainty that has clouded the managerial position at the Bridge. A development that has seen Maurizio Sarri widely tipped to replace Antonio Conte who is expected leave the club.
Also read our interesting world cup excerpt on Hazard as we follow up on Chelsea’s stars representing their countries.
Belgium came from behind to beat Japan in the second half to secure their place in the round of 16 at the on going Russia 2018 finals.
Kindly post your comment below.