- Baba Rahman appreciates Chelsea for giving him chance to represent the team Significantly
- He also made some funny remarks about Chelsea’s talismanic Eden Hazard.
It was obviously not the future Ghana international and fullback Baba Rahman envisaged when he joined Chelsea in 2015.
Baba Rahman joined the Blues from Bundesliga outfit Augsburg after impressing with the side and attracting the interest of some of the major heavyweights in Europe.
He was signed as a left-back to act as back-up to Cesar Azpilicueta. However, he failed to get a chance to represent the Blues significantly.
This was due to supposed loopholes in his defensive and attacking prowess and this resulted in him not being rated by Mourinho.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Emerson “Only Thinks Of Chelsea” – Agent
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Chelsea Take Final Decision On Selling Ross Barkley
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
The Ghanian left for Schalke before Conte could assess him as a fullback and suffered a torn ACL while playing for Ghana during the Africa Cup of Nations.
He was to be on the sidelines for about 18 months. This was arguably the end of his Chelsea career as other signings were being made to occupy the fullback position at the club.
Regardless of how his spell at Chelsea turned out, the Ghana international still has some good things to say about the Stamford Bridge outfit.
“As one of the best clubs in the world Chelsea gives many players the chance to fulfill their dreams and become a better football player with that system. Me for example I’m able to play at Schalke in front of 60,000 people regularly now, which helps me a lot in my development as a player.
“You can never say where football will guide you to. Maybe I stay for the next 10 years at Schalke but I also can imagine playing for Chelsea again. But at the moment I don’t think about these things, I’m really happy at Schalke.”
He also made some funny remarks about Chelsea’s talismanic Eden Hazard.
“Sometimes before a game [Hazard] told me what he had planned for that game and he always made it later. He is really a clown. He always makes fun when we are in the dressing room or at dinner. He’s a funny guy who always makes people laugh around him. We don’t have to talk much about Eden’s qualities, he shows in every game that he is an amazing player.”
Schalke have had a challenging start this season in the Bundesliga and also participate in the UCL. Hopefully, the Ghanaian carves a niche for himself at the Arena AufSchalke