- Maurizio Sarri could continue his false-nine formation after getting the maximum points against Manchester City and Brighton and Hove Albion.
- The Chelsea boss favors a false-nine role for Eden hazard rather than including Oliver Giroud or Alvaro Morata in his plans
- Chelsea could be forced to make a January move for Gonzalo Higuain or Callum Wilson to reduce the goalscoring burden on Eden Hazard.
Chelsea appears to have weathered the storm that has always been the bane of the majority of the new managers at Stamford Bridge at this point in the season, the ability to navigate a rough patch successfully.
The Blues returned to winning ways in an away fixture by beating Brighton 2:1 at the Amex, and this was preceded by the big win against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea lost their last two away games in the Premier League, and following the 2 all draw away to Mol Vidi in the Europa League, regardless of the personnel, there were apprehensions that the Blues could falter in a third consecutive away game.
Well, this was not the case as Maurizio Sarri stuck to his gun and yet again lined up his Chelsea side in a false 9 formation. The formation played out excellently as the goals came from two of the attackers in the setup.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea Reject The Chance To Sign Nathan Ake
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
Apparently, the Blues are more precise, lethal, and clinical in the false formation and this is definitely a cause for concern for the likes of Olivier Giroud and Alvaro Morata who have not been clinical for the Blues.
Eden Hazard and Pedro scored the two goals for Chelsea on the day, and all goals came in the first half. Regardless, the home side put up a fight and had luck smiled on them, they would’ve snatched a point.
That’s one area where Sarri still has to work on as he warned his players after the game. It could’ve been the Wolves fixture all over again but they were determined to see out the game and did it successfully.
Meanwhile, Sarri might be sticking with the false 9 tactics and this is a big hint that Chelsea will be forced to go all out for a striker in January.
SaveChelsea.net previously reported on how Chelsea was predetermined to defeat Brighton. Surprisingly, Manchester City’s unbeaten run in the English Premier League came to a halt after a 2-0 at Stanford Bridge.