- Bakayoko laments on potential Antonio Conte’s Chelsea departure.
- Chelsea already scouting for the Italian’s replacement in view of his summer exit.
Tiemoue Bakayoko has admitted that he would be disappointed to see Antonio Conte leave Chelsea this summer. The Italian looks set to depart Stamford Bridge at the end of the season, having seen his side’s chances of making it to the UEFA Champions League diminish after a 1 all draw with Huddersfield Town on Wednesday night.
Regardless of a potential FA Cup glory this month, and leading Chelsea to the Premier League title, Conte’s future at Chelsea remains doubtful as there are reports that Chelsea has already lined up potential replacements.
However, Bakayoko has backed Conte, and disclosed that he has not said anything to the squad concerning his future. When asked about the numerous speculation surrounding Conte’s future, Bakayoko replied:
“I don’t really pay attention to that.
“He’s never said that he might leave and he’s always extremely focused on winning, on doing well in the season.”
“As a player, I would be disappointed [if he leaves]. We all like working with the coach and having this relationship in the long-term.”
“I’ve been working with him for a year and I’ve progressed a lot under him but it’s really up to the club management, up to him and his entourage but he hasn’t said anything.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
SaveChelsea.net earlier reported that Conte expects improvement from Bakayoko after a tough debut season.
Conte has said that Tiemoue Bakayoko’s recent impressive showing is no surprise as he knew the midfielder would need time to adjust to English football. Bakayoko was impressive in his early games after his arrival at Stamford Bridge. Click the link to read more.