- Michy only focused on Russia 2018 suspends Chelsea plans.
- On loan striker focused on playing for his country side Belgium.
Michy Batshuayi has revealed that he is more focused on earning a place in Belgium’s final world cup squad before considering his long-term future at the club level.
The forward joined Borussia Dortmund on loan from Chelsea in the January transfer window and made a big impression in the Bundesliga, scoring 7 goals in 10 games before his season was cut short by injury. The Belgian has been tipped to remain at Stamford Bridge with Conte expected to leave this summer.
However, Batshuayi does not want to think about his club career at the moment with his focus solely on playing a part for Belgium in Russia next month.
“Dortmund was a great experience for me,” he said in a chat with news conference. “They welcomed me very warmly. I was in a good environment and you could see that on the pitch.
“It was a while since I had played so much. I can’t remember being allowed to play two games in a row at Chelsea. It was good to gain confidence.
“I don’t have a preference; they’re two beautiful clubs. My focus is on the World Cup right now and I don’t want to think about what happens afterwards.”
Batshuayi who got injured in a 2 nil loss to Schalke on April 15 disclosed his initial worries that he could miss the world cup due to the injury. However, he presently feels in good shape and is determined to convince Belgium coach Roberto Martinez to include him in the final 23 man squad for Russia 2018.
“I was scared and in a lot of pain,” he recalled. “I feared I had broken my leg. I didn’t even dare look. The next day, the doctors in Germany even told me to forget the World Cup.
“Two, three days later, I could already take normal steps. I’ve done a lot to strengthen my ankle. I’m now running without any worry.
“I trained here alone for five days. I feel good physically right now. My ankle is fine.
“Now, I want to play games and score goals. Portugal [on June 2] will be an important test for me. I worked hard to be here. I didn’t allow myself any rest.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
savechelsea.net reported that ANCELOTTI EYES MOVE FOR MICHY BATSHUAYI.
Ancelotti who took over from Sarri is on the lookout for a striker to bolster his attacking options ahead of next season.