- Batshuayi struggles at Valencia.
- Two goals in Fifteen appearances across all competition might cut loan deal short.
Chelsea on-loan striker Michy Batshuayi was definitely hopeful of making a significant impact at Valencia after he impressed at Dortmund in the Bundesliga the previous season.
However, this has not been the case for the Belgian striker. It must also be noted that Valencia are struggling this season and sit 15th on the log with just 2 games won, 8 games drawn, and 2 games lost.
Meanwhile, they’ve scored just 8 goals and have conceded 9 in the process. It’s a no-brainer that this was not what the Chelsea striker expected will be the case at the club before he made the move.
Michy Batshuayi, on his part, has also underwhelmed at the club and has scored just 2 goals in 15 games for the Mestalla outfit. One in the UEFA Champions League and the other in the La Liga.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
Batshuayi has been struggling at Valencia and this resulted in him being left on the bench when Valencia played Young Boys in the Champions League last Wednesday.
Valencia boss, Toral, also left him out in the side’s 1 nil win against Getafe in the La Liga on Saturday, meaning that all is not well with regards to the player’s future at the club.
Reports suggest that Valencia may have had enough of the striker as they now believe he is not the ideal attacking force they needed when they acquired him on loan.
The report from Marca suggests that Valencia had planned to give him 26 more games to make a case for himself with his performances on the pitch, but the plan has been trashed out due to his recent performances.
Valencia now intend to cut short his loan stay at the Mestalla and this is obviously not a good news for Chelsea who are also facing striker challenges this season.
The challenge is that his loan deal does not have a recall clause. Therefore, Valencia will have to improvise on how to let go of him in January as there is a possibility. However, it depends on the ability of both sides to reach an agreement.
With this development, any hopes that Chelsea would have had on Batshuayi impressing on two consecutive loan spells and coming down to Chelsea to carve a niche for himself have been quashed.
Savechelsea.net also reported Chelsea not interested in having the striker back until the end of his loan deal at the Mestalla.
The Belgian has bagged a total of 4 goals in 6 appearances for his country but has only to score just 2 for his new side who are currently struggling in the Spanish Laliga. More so Chelsea boss Sarri has expressed no interests in having the belgian intenational back at the Bridge.