Ben Chilwell is Set For Chelsea Medical After Being Cleared Off At Leicester, SaveChelsea reports.
Leicester City defender Ben Chilwell’s name keeps coming up and it’s probably good timing for him to make this move, especially after the inevitable Brendan Rodgers’ slide has started at the club.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard Offers Two Chelsea Players In Exchange For Declan Rice Deal
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- ‘Werner Will Have A Field Day’ – Chelsea Fans Can’t Believe Liverpool Defending Leeds United
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Frank Lampard Reveals Key Secrete To Transfer Success (Full Text)
- How My Wife Aided My Surprise Role In Chelsea -Lampard
- Frank Lampard Set Sell N’Golo Kante After Kai Havertz Deal
- Chelsea Spending Spree Continues After Kai Havertz Deal
- See Robbie Savage Chelsea Prediction Ahead Of New Premier League Season
You’ll see different opinions about his quality and his rumored price tag of £80m does seem excessive, so Chelsea will probably need to find a way of bringing that down if they want this move to happen.
The other problem was that the player seemed to be happy to stay where he was, but that’s changed after they failed to finish in the top four, and murmurs of transfer requests have started to emerge.
This is a report which remains unverified just now, but there does seem to be some truth in it and it should interest the Chelsea fans:
Apparently Chilwell packed up his stuff at training ground today.
Medical at Chelsea next couple of days.
— Sam Martin (@SmuelMartinFPL) August 14, 2020
There’s no doubt that Chilwell would be an upgrade on Marcos Alonso and Emerson Palmieri so it could be a good signing, but it will also depend on his ability to step up.
It’s important not to get carried away before the club’s officially announces anything, but it’s worth keeping an eye on this for any further developments in the next few days.