- I am disappointed for Loftus-cheek says former England coach.
- loftus-cheek gets first start at chelsea this season.
Former England boss Sam Allardyce aka Big Sam has told Ruben Loftus-Cheek to force a permanent move away from Stamford Bridge.
This was expected to be a breakthrough season for the England midfielder after his spell at Crystal Palace and his time with England at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
However, this has been the case thus far, as Loftus-Cheek has made just 3 appearances for Chelsea this season under Maurizio Sarri.
The player has also moved down the pecking order with the arrival of more midfield re-inforcements. He also has an invigorated Ross Barkley to contend with.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
Ruben Loftus-Cheek was handed his first start in the Europa League against Videoton but apparently failed to impress Sarri.
The player was criticized for his lack of tactical understanding of the game and was excluded from the matchday squad in the next Premier League game away to Southampton.
He also didn’t make the England squad for the ongoing international break.
In a chat with Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, Sam Allardyce said:
“I’m disappointed for Loftus-Cheek
Chelsea have told him he’s going to be a part of the team this season and, if that is the case, they haven’t lived up to that yet.
What he did for Crystal Palace last season and for England at the World Cup, I thought this would be a big season for him at Chelsea, but it’s simply not happening.
“If I were Loftus-Cheek I would be battering the door down in January and saying, ‘that’s it, I need to get away’.
And not on loan, get away from Chelsea properly and build his own career.
He’s had the taste of playing first team football at Palace and obviously he loves Chelsea, but it’s not happening for him there.
He’s got to play. He’s too talented not to play, we’ve all seen that.”
The highly sort out youngster has attracted attention from club like Schakle, Crystal Palace but he is open to Palace return in January, where he got the playing time he needed and ensured him a World-cup appearance.
He hopes to impress coach Sarri as the season progresses by Working hard in training. when asked about a move back to crystal palace he said:
” I am currently in chelsea, my learning and my focus is at Chelsea”