Chelsea appear to have received another blow in their chase for a replacement for Antonio Conte if he leaves Chelsea. Widely speculated managerial target of the club, Maurizio Sarri appears to be poised to remain with Napoli. This is coming even after speculations emerged that Carlo Ancelotti would be replacing him at Napoli.
Reports suggested that Sarri would quit Napoli this summer despite turning them to a highly formidable opposition. It was believed that he would opt out of Napoli as he failed to wrestle the Serie A title away from Juventus and that he was on the lookout for a new challenge.
However, all that seems to have changed after talks with Napoli owner, Aurelio De Laurentiis, as he is set to remain as Napoli coach. Reports from Corriere dello Sport, both men spent two hours discussing on future developments for the side.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
The Napoli chairman reportedly agreed on a deal with Sarri to extend his contract and also receive an increase in his salary.