Chelsea appear to have received another blow in their chase for a replacement for Antonio Conte if he leaves Chelsea. Widely speculated managerial target of the club, Maurizio Sarri appears to be poised to remain with Napoli. This is coming even after speculations emerged that Carlo Ancelotti would be replacing him at Napoli.
Reports suggested that Sarri would quit Napoli this summer despite turning them to a highly formidable opposition. It was believed that he would opt out of Napoli as he failed to wrestle the Serie A title away from Juventus and that he was on the lookout for a new challenge.
However, all that seems to have changed after talks with Napoli owner, Aurelio De Laurentiis, as he is set to remain as Napoli coach. Reports from Corriere dello Sport, both men spent two hours discussing on future developments for the side.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
The Napoli chairman reportedly agreed on a deal with Sarri to extend his contract and also receive an increase in his salary.