- Chelsea will still remain focused on the upcoming game against Southampton.
- Tactical changes will have to be made to execute this game.
- N’Golo Kante and Eden Hazard will make the starting eleven.
Maurizio Sarri has expressed hopes that his side won’t suffer any Europa League hangover against Southampton on Sunday at St Mary’s.
It can be recalled that the Blues dropped points in their last league game that was preceded by a Europa League encounter against PAOK.
The Blues played out a barren draw against West Ham on the day and were underwhelming in the process.
Sarri made 8 changes to the side that won 1 nil against Videoton in the Europa League at Stamford Bridge on Thursday and is optimistic that there will be no hangover effects.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Carabao Cup: Arsenal, Chelsea’s Possible Opponents
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
Speaking on the issue, Sarri said:
“This match we have changed eight players. In Greece I think only five. I hope we can do better this time”.
Alvaro Morata scored the only goal in the game and his second of the season in all competitions.
When Sarri was asked if the striker should have more fun on the pitch, Sarri replied:
“They have to enjoy, but I want to enjoy myself first of all. Usually I have more fun when I win. I don’t know why.”
Meanwhile, N’Golo Kante and Eden Hazard will be making a return to the starting lineup, with the likes of Rudiger, Azpilicueta, David Luiz, and Marcos Alonso also set to return.
Giroud might get the nod ahead of Morata, while Jorginho is expected to start in his midfield position.
Willian and Pedro will have to compete to play alongside Hazard on the wings. Mateo Kovacic who played all 90 minutes in the Europa League may start from the bench.
The likes of Ross Barkley and Ruben-Loftus Cheek are also available options in midfield for Sarri. Read more on Maurizio Sarri…
Did you miss our interesting story on Hazard? as he feels 200% in form.
Eden Hazard says he feels 200% irrespective of the fact he was rested in the Europa League game against PAOK.
After his return to the starting lineup, he explained that he requested to be rested due to fatigue, but now he feels better and more energized. Read more on Hazard…
Let us know how you feel about our outstanding performance against PAOK?
Kindly post your comments in the box below