- Chelsea names squad to execute 2018/19 Europa League, Danny Drinkwater was left out!!
- The former Leicester City midfielder might be seeing the door out of Stamford Bridge, as he has failed to fit into Sarri’s formation.
Chelsea have officially confirmed their squad for the 2018/19 Europa League and Danny Drinkwater did not make the list.
The former Leicester City midfielder is yet to play a game for Chelsea in the Premier League this season and has now been omitted from the squad for Europa League exertions.
It can be recalled that Chelsea finished out of the top 4 for the second time in three seasons and will have to settle with contention for the Europa League trophy.
Drinkwater has yet to break into Chelsea’s starting 11 on a consistent basis since his arrival due to injuries and lack of favor from his coaches.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea Reject The Chance To Sign Nathan Ake
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
It was expected that the arrivals of Jorginho and Mateo Kovacic will push him down the pecking order and it appears to be so.
The player doesn’t appear to be in Maurizio Sarri’s plans. The likes of veteran goalie Robert Green and Lucas Piazon also failed to make the cut.
Chelsea’s promising youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi has not been named in the squad either.
This is because he doesn’t need to be registered as he is 17 and has been at the club for two years.
However, Sarri has revealed that the youngster is in his plans and will definitely get games under his belt.
Chelsea are in Group L of the Europa League and are scheduled to face PAOK, Hungarian outfit MOL Vidi FC and Belarusian side BATE Borisov.
GK: Arrizabalaga, Cabellero, Bulka
Defense: Rudiger, Cahill, Christensen, Luiz, Ampadu, Alonso, Zappacosta, Azpilicueta, Emerson
Midfield: Fabregas, Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Kovacic
Also catch up on our hilarious story on Danny Drinkwater who appeared to have too much to drink and crashes his Range Sport.
Danny Drinkwater has been charged for drunk driving after he crashed his car into another on his way back from a friend’s party. Want the full gist? Click on the link now.
Do you see Drinkwater, drinking his way out of Stamford Bridge?
Kindly comment in the box below.