- Antonio Conte rejects Madrid deal.
- Blues on the verge of loosing more money to Conte.
- A deal with Madrid would have saved Chelsea a lot of money.
Former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte was reportedly the favorite to replace the recently sacked Julen Lopetegui at Real Madrid and this would have terminated any settlement terms he currently has with Chelsea.
However, this was not the case as Antonio Conte reportedly rejected Real Madrid’s approach resulting in the confirmation of Santiago Solari as interim manager.
Rumors were rife that Antonio Conte was the man but his decision to reject Madrid’s approach will definitely cost Chelsea.
The Blues could be set to lose more than £7 million as the Italian continues to seek for damages after he was sacked in the summer.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
The terms of his contract at Chelsea which was signed in July 2017 ensured that Conte was entitled to a yearly salary of £9.5 million until he takes another job.
Therefore, it would have been beneficial to Chelsea if he had landed the Real Madrid job.
Meanwhile, some reports still suggest that Conte might still land the Madrid job but the Times have claimed that Conte’s combustible character scuppered the deal.
Others claim it was due to a lack of support form the key figures at Madrid.
Also read our story on Conte as he plans to take Chelsea to court.
Former Chelsea coach Antonio Conte is planning to sue Chelsea for his delayed sacking from the club. It took Chelsea 55 days after Conte’s last game for Chelsea which was the FA Cup win against Manchester United to show him the exit door. To read more click on the link.
How would you rate Antonio Conte’s character so far with Chelsea’s management.
Kindly comment in the box below.