- Antonio Conte rejects Madrid deal.
- Blues on the verge of loosing more money to Conte.
- A deal with Madrid would have saved Chelsea a lot of money.
Former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte was reportedly the favorite to replace the recently sacked Julen Lopetegui at Real Madrid and this would have terminated any settlement terms he currently has with Chelsea.
However, this was not the case as Antonio Conte reportedly rejected Real Madrid’s approach resulting in the confirmation of Santiago Solari as interim manager.
Rumors were rife that Antonio Conte was the man but his decision to reject Madrid’s approach will definitely cost Chelsea.
The Blues could be set to lose more than £7 million as the Italian continues to seek for damages after he was sacked in the summer.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
- Chelsea Star, Eden Hazard Spotted With A Real Madrid Shirt
The terms of his contract at Chelsea which was signed in July 2017 ensured that Conte was entitled to a yearly salary of £9.5 million until he takes another job.
Therefore, it would have been beneficial to Chelsea if he had landed the Real Madrid job.
Meanwhile, some reports still suggest that Conte might still land the Madrid job but the Times have claimed that Conte’s combustible character scuppered the deal.
Others claim it was due to a lack of support form the key figures at Madrid.
Also read our story on Conte as he plans to take Chelsea to court.
Former Chelsea coach Antonio Conte is planning to sue Chelsea for his delayed sacking from the club. It took Chelsea 55 days after Conte’s last game for Chelsea which was the FA Cup win against Manchester United to show him the exit door. To read more click on the link.
How would you rate Antonio Conte’s character so far with Chelsea’s management.
Kindly comment in the box below.