- Willy Caballero reaches out to Conte to be the first choice goalie in the FA match against Man United.
- Caballero ran out of favor of his coach after he goofed in a game against Huddersfield.
Chelsea goalkeeper Willy Caballero has expressed hope that Antonio Conte picks him for the finals of the FA Cup against Manchester United at Wembley.
Although Courtois is Chelsea’s undisputed first-choice goalkeeper, Caballero started all the previous 6 FA Cup ties for Chelsea since he arrived from Manchester City last summer.
Caballero has made 13 appearances in all competitions for Chelsea and has been relatively impressive, although a howler he made in the game against Huddersfield worked against the side in their last home game at Stamford Bridge in the just-concluded season.
Despite this, the Argentine shot-stopper is still hoping that Conte sticks with him in the finals against Manchester United as he has done thus far in the FA Cup competition.
“Yes, of course, it’s the final, everyone wants to play, and I won the other cup [League Cup] with Man City, so hopefully God will be with us again and I can lift the cup with Chelsea,”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
“I have played in every game. But, for the final, we will see. I have to train very well. But we will see what the starting XI is that Antonio chooses to play in the final and they have to be ready.
“It doesn’t have to be fair – it’s the decision of the boss. And I have to respect what he chooses for this game. There is not an agreement. As I say, when I started I knew that I would start in the cups. I always train so I am ready to play, I want to play.”
Cabellero also went on to admit that it will be special to beat Man United in the finals, having played previously for Man City. He expressed happiness with his decision to join Chelsea, as it played a part in him being named in Argentina’s provisional squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
“I think I am in good form, I don’t know if it’s the best or not,”
“But this form and my experience means I am in a very good team and I am in the national team, so I am very happy.
“City has helped me and Chelsea has helped me to be in the national squad.
“Yes, of course, after three years playing derbies against them, now playing in a final it’s going to be very exciting, and I think there will be a lot of supporter friends from City who will be Chelsea fans [for this game].”
West Ham United new boss Manuel Pellegrini will look to raid Chelsea this summer as he is prepared to bring Chelsea second choice goalie Willy Caballero to the London Stadium. Click to read more.
As a coach would you risk a Caballero for a Courtois in a crucial FA match up against United.
Kindly post your comments in the box below.