- Rumors are imminent of a possible Gary Cahill exit from Stamford Bridge.
- The Englishman and Chelsea Captain have consistently dropped form.
Chelsea defender and England international Gary Cahill might be looking to leave Stamford Bridge as speculations of an incoming center-back at the club continue to heighten, according to reports from the Evening Standard.
Cahill joined Chelsea from Bolton in a £7 million deal in 2012 and went on to establish himself as a reliable center-back at the club, winning six major trophies with the club, including two Premier League titles and a UEFA Champions League trophy.
However, the player appears to be on a decline recently and has fallen down the pecking order at Chelsea, as the likes of Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen have provided stern competition for places in the center-back positions.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Everton keen on permanent deal for Kurt Zouma, But Deal Rests On Chelsea’s Transfer ban
- Cahill to leave Chelsea in January
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek set for Chelsea return
- The Europa – Time for others to be tested
- Cahill set to quit Chelsea in January
- Cahill wants to stay and fight for his place
- Cahill reportedly in talks with Galatasaray
- Azpilicueta to captain Chelsea against Arsenal
- Cahill considering exit from Chelsea
- Cahill – Lukaku will be a threat, but there are others
His future at the club may also have received more blows as he was on the bench for England in the major games of the Russia 2018 World Cup.
He might be set to fall further down the pecking order at Chelsea, as the club are reportedly close to sealing a deal for Italian center-back Daniele Rugani from Juventus.
There will be more competition for places as the likes of Azpilicueta who can deputize in those positions, as well as loan returnees Kurt Zouma and Tomas Kalas, will be eyeing chances to stake a claim for a starting berth in those positions.
Sarri implements a back four which can only accommodate two center-backs and the likes of Christensen, Rudiger and the incoming Rugani will surely be preferred ahead of Cahill, and this is believed to be the sole reason why he is considering an exit from Chelsea.
Read more stories on Garry Cahill who had reportedly talked with Galatasaray on a possible move to the Turkish giants.
Gary Cahill has been given permission to discuss a summer move to Galatasaray by Chelsea FC. His performance has not been overly impressive at the Bridge, click the link to read more.
We might be seeing the next exit of a captain at the bridge. What do you think?
Kindly post your thoughts in the comment box below.