Cahill, 32, has made 282 appearances for Chelsea since he joined in 2012 from Bolton Wanderers.
The player has gone on to play over 40 times for the Blues in each of the last two campaigns.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
However, Gary Cahill has not started or featured in any game for Chelsea this season under Maurizio Sarri.
Meanwhile, David Luis has found favor under Sarri thus far.
Reports from The Sun suggest that Cahill is not prepared to sit on the bench at Chelsea for the whole season.
Meanwhile, Chelsea will attempt to make it five straight wins after the international break when Chelsea host Cardiff City on September 15.