- Sarri under playing Kante, by fielding him in the wrong position.
- If fielded in his natural position Kante would be an excellent player.
Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher has insisted that Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is making N’Golo Kante become average by playing him in an advanced position ahead of his natural defensive midfield position.
The Blues were outpaced by Spurs in midfield at Wembley in the London derby on Sunday which Pochettino’s men won 3:1, thereby shattering the Blues’ unbeaten hopes.
However, Carragher admits that Kante’s role will not change under Sarri as he prefers Jorginho in the position.
Speaking on the matter, the former Liverpool defender said:
“Jorginho is not moving from that position”
“He is Sarri’s man and has built his system around him.”
“Kante is not moving because he is about to sign a massive contract.”
“Jorginho has been excellent this season – teams are having to change their system and their style at times to counteract him, which shows how good a player he is.”
“If he gets people around him, like Dele Alli or Gylfi Sigurdsson last week, that means there should be space for other players.”
“Against Spurs the space was in the wide areas so we wanted to see more from Hazard, Willian and maybe the full-backs.”
“Kante is a very average player in the position he is playing now – I just see a normal midfield player.”
“When he plays in his natural position I see a world-class player.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
One of the highlights of the game was when Spurs attacker Heung-Min-Son outpaced Jorginho in his run before slotting in the third goal for Pochettino’s men in the second half.
The reality check is now on for Sarri as teams are beginning to learn how to stop Jorginho from operating freely, thereby stifling Chelsea.
Also, catch up on our story on Kante; is he important for Sarri’s new game style, Sarriball?
Sarriball has been the rave of the moment at Stamford Bridge since the arrival of Maurizio Sarri but there are some apparent loopholes in the system based on the playing personnel at Sarri’s disposal. Click this link to read more on Sarri.
What other position would you field Kante if you were given Sarri’s office?
Kindly comment in the box below.