- Allegri is the ideal Sarr’s replacement.
- Chelsea needs to stop hiring Italian coaches.
Chelsea should be looking to appoint veteran manager Massimiliano Allegri, if Maurizio Sarri leaves for Juventus.
This is according to Shaka Hislop former Westham goal keeper and pundit as he spoke on ESPN.
Sarri have told Chelsea that he’d like to return home that he misses his home and would like to return.
The Italian man his heavily linked with a move to Juventus vacant dugout.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Craig Burley believes Lampard isn’t Chelsea’s solution.
- Chelsea and Juventus agrees terms on Sarri deal.
- Chelsea launch Lampard talk as Sarri edges closer to Juventus
- Chelsea advised on the ideal manager to replace Sarri and it’s not Frank Lampard
- Stamford Bridge job will be an exciting new challenge in my career
- Sarri close to Juventus job as Chelsea agrees to release him
- Eden Hazard’s Madrid shirt number revealed ahead of move.
- Maurizio Sarri asks to be released from his Chelsea contract after agreeing Juventus move
- When Real Madrid would officially announce Hazard
- How Hazard can equal Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi at Real Madrid – Andy Townsend
Frank Leboeuf has contradicting opinion to Shaka Hislop’s; he suggested that Chelsea shouldn’t sign an Italian this summer.
“One thing I want to do and I want to say to Chelsea Football Club is what is that tradition of getting Italian coaches all the time?”
Leboeuf told ESPN FC
“And I’m not trying to [say] ‘please take a French one’, but maybe they have some coach in England who understands better the culture of English football and maybe others like Germans, like we see with Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool.“I don’t know what is the tradition of getting an Italian coach at Chelsea all the time.
“But lately it hasn’t been a very good idea, so maybe after Sarri will be the time to change it, get another nationality to see another football, another type of experience and another spirit maybe on the field.
Hislop thought otherwise and would prefer it if Chelsea signs Allegri an Italian coach as Sarri’s replacement.
“Allegri [would be the best option for Chelsea], I’m going to go Allegri,” he said.
“But Frank won’t be happy because we know what he thinks about Italian managers.”
Mauricio Pochettino was suggested by another former Chelsea player Craig Buckley, but he later admitted that Pochettino won’t be leaving Tottenham this summer.
“Mauricio Pochettino, but he’s not going to take the job,” Burley said.
“I know [he’s not attainable] but I’m just saying who would be the best.
“There’s more chance of Pochettino leaving Spurs [than Jurgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola leaving their clubs].”