- Football expert believes Ajax coach can succeed Sarri at Chelsea.
- Erik Ten Haag can build Chelsea with youth players- Laurens
Erik Ten Haag listed for candidates that would replace Sarri if he leaves for Juventus this summer.
This news is according to European football expert Julien Laurens.
Sarri has indicated that he wants to leave Chelsea and he’d like to take the vacant Job at Juventus.
The 60-year-old had a successful campaign in his first season at Chelsea, guiding the club to a third position finish in the English premier league and also winning the Europa league title.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard reveals the one deal that could be done this week
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- Lampard to reunite with Chelsea as he agree three years deal
- Chelsea will play attacking football under Lampard
- What Benefits will Lampard add to Chelsea
However, he has not received enough welcome and praises from the club and it’s fans, enough reason for him to want an exit just after 12 months in the job.
Julien Laurens believes Erik Ten Haag is the ideal man as Sarri’s replacement, because of his philosophy solves Chelsea’s current crisis and the coach can build on youth players.
Ten Hag built Ajax on majorly youth players and had engineered a successful season for Ajax, won the league for them and guided them to the champions league semi-finals.
“It’s a huge summer for Chelsea,”
Laurens spoke to talkSPORT.
“It’s a key time to decide what direction they go in this summer and with who they go into that new direction with.
I think Sarri will go to Juventus, so the new manager will be massive. They can’t get this one wrong.
“Either they bring through their young players or they hope for the best and the transfer ban gets frozen so they can a bit of money.
“They could try to go for Erik ten Hag at Ajax.
“His English is perfect and Chelsea have got this amazing academy, with players like Mason Mount and others.
“You can always convince someone to leave, wherever they are.
“He might feel he’s taken this Ajax to the best of his ability, especially considering [Frenkie] De Jong and [Matthijs] De Ligt are going to leave, and probably [Hakim] Ziyech and a couple more.
“Maybe he feels this is the right time to go somewhere else?
“I’m not saying Chelsea will go for him or that he will say yes, but if that’s the direction you want to take, there’s no better man than Erik ten Hag to get all those young players through.”