- Chelsea’s new boss, Maurizio Sarri’s appointment almost a done deal.
- Napoli midfield guru, Jorginho to join Chelsea on a £57.4 million deal.
- Manchester City had also shown interest in the Italian international.
Reports suggest that Chelsea is closing in on the appointment of Maurizio Sarri as new boss after agreeing a £57.4 million deal with Napoli for star midfielder Jorginho.
Chelsea has been discussing with Napoli for months over Sarri’s compensation fee as he still has two years left in his contract with the Partenopei. However, a breakthrough seems to have been reached after Chelsea offered a bigger sum than Manchester City for Jorginho with Sarri being paid for in the deal.
City were initial favorites for the Italy midfielder but was only prepared to offer £48.6 million in installments to Napoli. The reports suggest that Chelsea opted to make an upfront payment of £51.25, with Sarri part of the deal according to reports from Italy.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Chelsea midfielder Jorginho could follow Maurizio Sarri to Juventus, hints agent
- Chelsea Are Favourites To Sign Brazilian Sensation, Guimaraes
- Chelsea To Wait On Callum Hudson-Odoi
- Eden Hazard trains with team-mates ahead of Europa League clash against Slavia Prague
- Chelsea Identifies Barcelona Star To Replace Eden Hazard
- Carragher – Sarri is making Kante look average
- Does Sarri really need Kante for Sarriball
- Fabregas must take pay-cut to remain at Chelsea
- Jorginho and Hazard to be absent against Bate
Jorginho will be offered a five-year contract worth £102,000 a week, with bonuses inclusive. Napoli is also said to have made inquiries on the possibility of a switch in clubs for Cesc Fabregas, who has a year left on his Chelsea contract. However, he is unlikely to leave as he is settled in London.
Chelsea will now have to resolve the situation regarding Antonio Conte. The Italian manager has been overseeing pre-season training for the side and also reported for duty today. He wants the £9.5m for the final year in his contract to be paid up front if he is sacked.
SaveChelsea.net had earlier reported that Jorginho was likely to be a part of the Sarri deal.
According to a report from Tuttosport, Chelsea’s interest in Napoli midfielder Jorginho could be key to the club’s completion of a move for Maurizio Sarri. Click the link to read more.
What do you think about this deal?
Kindly leave a comment in the box below.