Chelsea managerial target Maurizio Sarri is close to signing a three-year deal with the Stamford Bridge outfit after an agreement was reached with Napoli over a compensation package.
Sarri remained under contract at Napoli for another two years although he had already been replaced by Carlo Ancelotti.
He has been Chelsea’s top priority since the summer transfer window opened and Il Mattino are now reporting that Chelsea have paid Napoli £4.4m to release Sarri from his contract at Napoli.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Zola to continue managerial career at Juventus
- Zola reveals secret to Chelsea’s success in his time
- Insigne believes Sarri’s move to Juventus would be betrayal.
- Chelsea’s remark on compensating Antonio Conte
- BREAKING NEWS: Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri charged by FA (See Why)
- Eden Hazard trains with team-mates ahead of Europa League clash against Slavia Prague
- Zola confirms Chelsea interest in Wilson
- Hughes – Too early to rank Hazard as Blues greatest
- Why Sarri avoided the press ahead of Anfield cracker
- Chelsea leading race to sign Federico Chiesa
This means that Chelsea may have Sarri in place as a new manager in a few days, while Antonio Conte who is set to depart will also receive a substantial pay-off of around £10m to end his two-year spell as club manager at Chelsea.
Sarri’s contract at Chelsea will be worth £5m a year and he will bring in Giovanni Martusciello, Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola alongside five members of his backroom staff at Napoli.