- Chelsea has signed Kovacic on a permanent deal worth £40.3 million.
- Kovacic insisted on staying at Chelsea.
Chelsea has beaten the two-window transfer ban to secure the services of Matteo Kovacic, the previous deal saw Kovacic as a Chelsea player till 30th of June but the Blues have the option of extending the loan or making the deal permanent which they have exercised.
Chelsea agreed a £40.3 million ($51m/€45m) to secure Mateo Kovacic’s future at the club, the FIFA transfer ban Chelsea is currently facing does not hinder the signing of Kovacic because Chelsea already has registered the Croatia International on loan last season.
Kovacic is a versatile midfielder, the 25-year-old can be deployed anywhere in the midfield, at Dinamo Zagreb where he started his career, he played as an attacking midfielder at Inter he played out wide and also central midfield role.
The 25-year-old can function as a deep-lying playmaker, moving the ball from the defence and driving up the pitch, one of the qualities needed for Sarri-ball. Kovacic made 51 appearances during his loan spell last season.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- I can’t wait, i just want to get started- Christian Pulisic
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- Chelsea will play attacking football under Lampard
- What Benefits will Lampard add to Chelsea
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Chelsea granted permission to begin talks with Lampard
- Chelsea is preparing a deal to finalize Kovacic move
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
Following the departure of Maurizio Sarri, his future at the bridge was uncertain because a new manager will be coming in and, might deem his presence as excess also there is the transfer ban in place.
However, the 25-year-old insisted he wanted to stay, pleading with Madrid to let him move permanently to the Bridge.
His move will be a huge Plus to the new manager following the departure of Blues talisman Eden Hazard and the ruptured Achilles tendon injury sustained by Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi who are reported to miss the start of next season.
Matteo Kovacic signing was agreed just days after Derby County gave Chelsea permission to Approach Frank Lampard to open discussions about managerial role.
Derby County has agreed to Chelsea approaching Frank Lampard in their pursuit of a new manager following the departure of Maurizio Sarri to Juventus. The decision was based on the fast approaching Pre-season, The Rams want an end to the long saga before pre-season kicks-off in July.