- David Luiz at Colney for medicals ahead of the move to Arsenal.
- Luiz refused to attend the Wednesday training session in order to force his move.
Chelsea has agreed to an £8million deal for David Luiz ahead of transfer day deadline with North London club Arsenal.
It’s believed that the Brazilian was asked by Blues boss Frank Lampard to leave the club because he is unlikely to feature in Chelsea’s starting line-up, according to Sky Sports journalist Gary Cotterill:
“It’s only in May that Luiz signed a two-year deal after a great season under Maurizio Sarri. Even a few weeks ago he was talking about enjoying life under Frank Lampard.
“But it’s been made clear that he’s not certain to be a regular starter under Lampard, he’s perhaps not even going to third or fourth choice.
“Other potential outgoings include Danny Drinkwater, Tiemoue Bakayoko and perhaps Davide Zappacosta.”
The defender was found missing at the Chelsea training on the deadline day of the transfer window as he was expected at the Cobham training ground on Wednesday ahead of Sunday’s clash with Manchester Utd ahead of their Premier League opener.
However, no official announcement has been made by both parties involved, it is understood that the only thing separating Luiz and arsenal is just his medicals which he is undergoing.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Chelsea will annouce Ruben Loftus-cheek contract exetension
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
His departure may put an end Everton’s target Fikayo Tomori as Chelsea will need all the available talent they have.
Players such as Christensen, Tomori, Zouma and Rudiger, who is yet to return from his knee injury are the only available options for selection if the deal is completed.
Savechelsea.net earlier reported Chelsea are now equipped for modern football- David Luiz
David Luiz sings praises of his manager the club and teammates after he was rewarded for a sensational performance in the 2018/2019 season with a two-year contract extension.