Reports suggest that Chelsea and Juventus will commence negotiations on a deal as Maurizio Sarri is set to be confirmed as the new manager at Stamford Bridge in the coming hours. Sarri was a huge admirer of Rugani in his time at Napoli and attempted to sign the Italian defender in his three-year spell as Napoli boss.
Juventus, however, refused to sell the former Empoli man to their title rivals and this could change this summer. Tuttosport have reported that Juventus have told Rugani’s agent that the player can leave Turin if a fair offer is received.
According to the report, Rugani’s price tag is in the region of €40 million and sources have revealed that Chelsea will make an offer for the Italian once Sarri is appointed.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
However, both Tuttosport and La Gazzetta dello Sport have suggested that Rugani is not the only player that both clubs will look to negotiate on in this summer transfer window as the Blues are also interested in Gonzalo Higuain with Juventus also interested in Alvaro Morata.
Morata is reportedly pushing for a return to the Serie A, and Juventus are open to a swap deal that sees both players move in opposite directions.