- The Blues are considering making a move for Bruno Guimaraes.
- Bruno Guimaraes has produced excellent performances for Atletico Paranaense this season.
- Chelsea would make a move for the Brazilian if they succeed in postponing their transfer ban.
Guimaraes has impressed the Brazilian Serie A fans with some consistent performances for Atletico Paranaense this season and reportedly has a release clause of £34.5 million.
Bruno Guimaraes: A Risky Option for Maurizio Sarri
Chelsea will be in desperate need for midfield reinforcements this summer if they are to compete for the league title next season.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Inter Outline N’Golo Kante Stance Of Leaving Chelsea
- Chelsea Take Final Decision On Selling Ross Barkley
- Carabao Cup: Arsenal, Chelsea’s Possible Opponents
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- N’Golo Kante Makes Transfer Decision As Chelsea Reveals His Price Tag
- Frank Lampard Set Sell N’Golo Kante After Kai Havertz Deal
- Chelsea Makes Major EPL Signings, Tops United
- Chelsea’s Squad To Clash With Bayern Munich
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
Bruno Guimaraes remains a viable target for Chelsea. The 21-year-old defensive midfielder has already impressed Chelsea scouts with his work rate, remarkable passing, and distribution, meaning that he can prove to become an ideal back-up for Jorginho.
However, Guimaraes appears to be a risky option for Chelsea. The Brazilian has made just 50 match appearances for Atletico Paranaense in all competitions and might find it difficult to integrate to the fast-tempo of the English Premier League.
Also, for a fee of £34.5 million for an inexperienced player would be too expensive for Chelsea. The Blues can shift their attention elsewhere for a more proven and experienced defensive midfielder such as William Carvalho, Adrien Rabiot, Nicolo Barella and Casemiro add depth and to reinstate stability to the midfield next season.
Don’t miss our report on how Zinedine Zidane could dump Thibaut Courtois.
The Real Madrid boss could offload Belgium shot-stopper, Thibaut Courtois this summer. Courtois left Chelsea for the Santiago Bernabeu but has lost his place in the starting lineup since the re-appointment of Zidane as Real Madrid coach.