- Lampard named as Chelsea replacement for Sarri.
- Derby will receive £4 million as compensation.
Chelsea legend Frank Lampard has emerged Chelsea’s preferred candidate to take charge next season in the absence of Maurizio Sarri, who returns to Italy to be the next Juventus manager.
Lampard began his campaign in management with Derby County, he guided the Ram to a Championship playoff final and an unprecedented away win over Manchester Utd in the Carabao Cup.
To sign the Derby manager, Chelsea will pay a compensation fee around £4 million to Derby, the deal will also see some of the managerial staff at Derby move with Lampard to the Bridge.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Mendy Set to Seal £18.2m Chelsea Move
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
However, his inexperience as a manager has not deterred many from praising him as the perfect choice to lead Chelsea.
Chelsea is banned from signing new players for the next two transfer window by FIFA, but they can rely on Lampard to help improve young talent in the Club like he did at Derby.
Derby Executives are keen to retain Lampard as the club manager and the club announced no formal approach has been made by Chelsea, though reports by ESPN suggest Chelsea will make a move in the following week.