Chelsea have reportedly told Ruben Loftus-Cheek to stay and fight for his place, although he was omitted from Saturday’s squad.
The 22-year-old England international is considering another loan move away from Chelsea after Sarri didn’t include him in the list of substitutes in the win over Arsenal.
Ross Barkley was handed a start in the game while loan signing Mateo Kovacic came on as a substitute and impressed.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
- Chelsea Star, Eden Hazard Spotted With A Real Madrid Shirt
However, the Telegraph have claimed that Chelsea would like the midfielder to stay and compete for a place at least until January when the window opens so that he can reassess his future.
Many would have thought that Loftus-Cheek would have a breakthrough season at Chelsea this term due to his performances at Crystal Palace last season.
The midfielder must play regularly to stand a chance of making it into Gareth Southgate’s England squad on a consistent basis.
Meanwhile, Schalke have expressed interest in taking Loftus-Cheek to the Bundesliga, although options may still exist for a move to Spain or France.
However, Loftus-Cheek’s current contract runs until 2021 and he cannot join another Premier League club until January. Therefore, staying put until then might be his best option.