- West Ham interest on Ruben Loftus-Cheek might not see the light of the day
- Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is hoping to play Ruben Loftus-Cheek regularly this term
Reports from the Mirror suggest that Chelsea are prepared to ward off interest from West Ham to sign Ruben Loftus-Cheek in the January transfer window.
However, Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has outrightly rejected the approach for the England man as he has shown that he can play an important role for the Blues this season.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek has been a fringe player for Chelsea this season but a string of decent performances, including a hat-trick in Chelsea’s last Europa League game, has impressed Sarri.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
Chelsea have the likes of Jorginho, Kovacic, Fabregas, Ross Barkley, and N’Golo Kante all eager to be regular starters in the team and this hasn’t made Loftus-Cheek’s job easier.
The player has shown that he has more to offer the Blues with his recent performances, and this could just be his breakthrough year at Stamford Bridge if he grabs every chance he is given.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek has shown potential this year, right from his loan spell at Crystal Palace, to a call-up to the Three Lions for the Russia 2018 World Cup.
It remains to be seen if the England international will able to cut it at the highest level at Chelsea once he starts getting regular chances.
Meanwhile, he’ll definitely be set for action when Chelsea face Bate Borisov in the Europa League on Thursday in Belarus.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek has to contend with other midfielders for a starting shirt, with Jorginho and Kante commanding a starting shirt already under Sarri.
Loftus-cheek chances are very slim as the likes of Fabregas, Williams, and Pedro are contending for the same position.