- Ampadu heading out on loan, Aston Villa and Derby keen on signing the youngster.
- Mason Mount signs a longterm contract for Chelsea.
Nathan Ampadu has portrayed himself as one of many of Chelsea’s promising futures talents, he managed only 5 appearances for the colour last season.
Thoughts were the new Chelsea manager Frank Lampard would include the youngster in his plans for the coming season but Ampadu who has more appearance for Wales than he has for Chelsea didn’t travel with the squad to Japan last night.
Aston Villa and Derby County are keen on bringing in the versatile youngster who can play in the midfield and also defend.
“Ethan is not here as we’re looking at the possibility of him going on loan for the season.
“I tried to sign Ethan on loan at Derby last year, so I’m a big fan, but with the minutes he played last year, I have to think of the bigger picture and the interests of Ethan and of Chelsea.
“The idea that he could play a lot of games somewhere is good for him and we haven’t brought him here while that is up in the air.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard reveals the one deal that could be done this week
- Lampard to reunite with Chelsea as he agree three years deal
- Derby County gives permission to Chelsea to hold talks with Lampard.
- Mateo Kovacic gives green light for Chelsea move
- Chelsea given seven-day deadline to complete Mateo Kovacic transfer
- What Everton boss Marco Silva has told top brass about Kurt Zouma deal
- Frank Lampard to be announced as Chelsea manager ‘before the end of the week
- Harry Redknapp gives verdict on Lampard becoming new Chelsea boss
- Barcelona £35m bid for Willian rejected.
Chelsea starlet Mason Mount also signed a new five-year deal three days ago.
“It’s a massively proud moment for myself and my family,”
“I joined this club at six years old and it was always my goal to play for the first team one day. Even though I went out on loan for two years, my goal was always to come back and play – my mind has never really moved from that.
“I’m really looking forward to the coming season now and working hard to have an impact here at Chelsea. I’ve been at the club for a long time already and hopefully, I’ll stay for a long time to come.”
“Young boys feel like there’s a pathway here and that they’re going to get a chance, which gives us the confidence to train with the first team, try to get into the team and work hard to be involved.
“That’s my goal for this season – I want to fight for my position and had 80 games under my belt over the last two years has given me a really good platform coming back. It’s really exciting times at the moment.”
We also reported on what benefit Frank Lampard would add to Chelsea team.
Chelsea is willing to turn to a familiar face in the pursuit of a new head coach that is Lampard, a few days ago Derby granted Chelsea permission to begin talks with the 41-year-old manager.
Though the Rams are reluctant to part ways with their manager to the point of preparing a new contract to die down the England International.