- Derby County hoping to keep Frank Lampard for another season.
- Frank Lampard received a boost for Chelsea return.
Juventus has agreed to a £5million deal for Maurizio Sarri, which means Frank Lampard is cleared for a future as Chelsea manager.
Chelsea and Juventus executives held a meeting on Thursday, with the Blues adamant on their compensation demands for Sarri to return to Italy.
Both clubs have now edged closer to a decision after Juventus agrees to Chelsea’s term in principle, although Juventus were previously reluctant to meet Chelsea’s demands for the manager who was to be sacked anyway.
This new development now paves way for the club legend and Derby County manager Frank Lampard, who is now the favourite man to land the Chelsea job.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- Lampard to reunite with Chelsea as he agree three years deal
- What Benefits will Lampard add to Chelsea
- Derby County gives permission to Chelsea to hold talks with Lampard.
- Chelsea will block Jorginho from joining Maurizio Sarri at Juventus
- Pulisic would cut summer break to impress Lampard
- Lampard warned amidst Blues job
Lampard would be facing a tough test and handling a tough task with the transfer ban Chelsea would be facing, although he has done an impressive job at Derby County with youth player.
Lampard guided Derby County to the Championship play-off final, he achieved the milestone with some of Chelsea loanees in the names of; Fikayo Tomori and Mason Mount.
The Rams would be hoping the young manager would lead the club on another promotion push for their next championship season campaign.
It’s now highly unlikely for Frank Lampard to stay another season at Derby County, as the Chelsea legend would find it tough to refuse a chance to manage his old club.
Frank Lampard has received praises from Chelsea legend Ashley Cole, though they currently play together at Derby County where Lampard has seen a great start to his managerial career.
Reports suggest the Blues are willing to replace Italian manager Sarri, who has spent a season with the club, despite a third-place finish in the Premier League and a Europa League Cup final…read more.