- Chelsea name Lewandowski as primary transfer target.
- Realmadrid also joins race to sign polish striker with chelsea.
According to reports, Robert Lewandowski has emerged as Chelsea’s primary transfer target this summer. Sam Wallace of Daily Telegraph insists that regardless of the managerial uncertainty at the club, the Blues are poised to push for a deal to bring the towering Poland international to Stamford Bridge this summer.
The Poland international would likely attract a huge transfer fee in the region of £100m and his arrival could spell the end for Alvaro Morata at Stamford Bridge.
“Although Lewandowski’s age is not ideal for the kind of hefty price Chelsea would have to pay—he turns 30 in August—he does fit the bill for a proven European goalscorer and his arrival would also be a crucial way of persuading Eden Hazard, and Thibaut Courtois that Chelsea are serious about challenging again for the Premier League and the Champions League,” Wallace wrote.
However, Chelsea’s move for the Bayern Munich forward could face a challenge after a poor season that saw them miss out on next season’s UEFA Champions League. However, his eventual signing will be a strong statement from the Blues, going by how the 29-year-old has established himself as one of the most lethal forward’s in football presently.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
Chelsea writer, Mark Worrall also raised concern about the possibility of the deal but advised the club to go for it. He also noted interest from Real Madrid in Lewandowski .but doubted if the Spanish giants would be willing to meet the player’s valuation
this development occurred due to the request of Chelsea’s Eden Hazard calling on the club to bring in quality player.as reported by Savechelsea.net.
As delay in contract extension with the club, the Belgium forward said he would love to win the premier league the next season with the help of new and quality players to add more strength to the team.