- Chelsea’s interest in Denis Suarez builds up.
- Denis Suarez’s value at Barcelona has reduced.
- Suarez might come up as a replacement for Kovacic if signed.
Reports from Marca (h/t Express) suggest that Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri could make a move for Denis Suarez.
The Spanish midfielder has featured just once for Barcelona this season and it was in the 1 nil win over Deportivo Leonesa in the Copa Del Rey competition.
The report also claimed that Denis Suarez has fallen down the pecking order at the club and could be available for sale if an offer is made.
Sarri was interested in the midfielder in his time at Napoli and might also be on the lookout for him as Mateo Kovacic’s future at Stamford Bridge remains uncertain.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
Denis Suarez already has a little experience of Premier League football after spending time at the Manchester City Academy and playing for the Citizens in the League Cup and FA Cup.
The midfielder already has experience playing for a big European side courtesy of his time at Barcelona, therefore, a move to Chelsea will suit him.
This could happen especially if Chelsea fail to make the deal for Kovacic permanent.