- Courtois refuses agreement to a new contract keeping him at the Bridge.
- Chelsea considers England international to save cost.
Reports suggest that Chelsea are ready to step up their interest in Stoke star Jack Butland. Butland has played 88 games for the Potters since his debut and is expected to move after the Potters were relegated from the Premier League.
Chelsea is on the lookout for a quality goalkeeper who can replace Courtois should he leave as he has refused to contract renewal terms at Stamford Bridge amid reports that he is being targeted by Real Madrid.
Alisson another target for Chelsea will demand a fee of around £79million, and reports from Daily Mail suggest that Jack Butland has emerged as a more economical option for the Blues.
There are claims that Chelsea made inquiries on Butland’s availability earlier this season. Stoke will reportedly demand £30million for the England international, a fee which would break Jordan Pickford’s British record for a goalkeeper.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Everton Very Hopeful Of Clinching Tomori Deal
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Ben Chilwell To Get His Dream Shirt Number At Chelsea If……..
Butland spoke on plans for his future this week. He said:
‘I’m contracted to Stoke. I’m really looking forward to this summer and the World Cup is the main part of that.
‘What will be will be, I don’t have anything in the pipeline and there’s no focus on that at the minute
‘The most important thing for me is being part of a successful England squad and being as big a part of it as I can. That’s my only goal right now.
‘Any time you get called up for England is incredible, especially after a tough season, but regardless of whatever happened in the season a World Cup year is something special for all of us.’
Chelsea has opened up that Courtois future is his decision to make, amidst his refusal for a contract extension. The Belgium International’s agent has pleaded with the club to let him leave for Madrid.
Also, Click to read more on Maurizio Sarri…